Aug 24, 2006

I have NO idea how to feel about this..

The state of MA. is being sued by an inmate that is demanding a sex change operation. The inmate is serving a life term for killing his wife. The state is giving him hormone shots but the price tag for the sex change operation is up to 20k.

I just can't go along with this. I understand his emotional needs, and I have enormous sympathy for him..but he is going to be in prison for the rest of his life..how can not providing him with a sex change operation be considered cruel and unusual punishment? The state has already paid for hormone treatments, laser hair removal, female undergarments and makeup for this guy. The article has this which just blows me away:

"gender-identity disorder is a serious illness that can lead to severe anxiety, depression, suicide attempts and self-castration. They argue that treatment for their condition is a “medical necessity” and denying it would violate the Eighth Amendment’s prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment."

I had no idea that transgenders will hurt themselves..it bothers me, but does it bother me enough to say give it to him? He is a murderer..where do you draw the line?

I am so bothered by this issue..its not a priority, but I hate suffering..I also hate murderers...

Also, Karr, he of the JonBenet case is said to have wanted a sex change operation too.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.