Jul 6, 2007

I saw Sicko this week. I will never be the same

I haven't written about it, frankly because it hit me like a ton of bricks. Its not about the 45+ million that are uninsured..its about the millions that pay to BE insured and how screwed blue and tattooed they are by the industry and how the government went along for the ride. It is funny and sarcastic as his his style but it also has a poignant theme regarding the 9/11 folks he takes under his wing that brought me to tears at the end of the movie. I hate crying during a movie and for me to get the weepies means it really got to me. As a hardass I hate to admit this about myself but there it is..

I used to deal with the Healthcare Industry on a daily basis as a biller for a company I worked for. I am not naive about the industry..I have always been aware that they are there to make money..lots and lots of it. I dealt with the claims that were denied mostly, which means this movie really had me shaking my head in agreement, remembering the crap I used to be given and how I had to bust my chops to work around their bullshit lies. He tells us about the role of their lobbyists and just how greedy these bastards are..and Congress is much too willing to go along. He slams the shit out of the new "Hillary" btw.

Michael Moore has some new and interesting stuff on his site about the movie..including a secret memo he got his hands on from Blue Cross about his movie. He will be having a live chat today on his site at 9am Pacific time. I will be there to check it out..if your not busy my dear reader, I suggest you do the same.

I have always enjoyed his movies and this time was no exception. I recommend it to everyone in the entire US of A. Whether you have insurance or like me..don't. I realize now that feeling sorry for myself because of my healthcare predicament is wrong since the poor folks that actually PAY to have coverage get the shaft as well, and baby..they paid for the honor!

I pray to God that this movie prompts American's into a discussion that will ultimately make the politicians deal with the problem of healthcare in America this election season. I hope the Healthcare Industry takes a huge load of buckshot in the ass over it and people demand changes. The Insurance industry as a whole are a bunch of carpetbagging sumbitches but we are talking life or death here people..all for the almighty dollar.

Tags: , , ,

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.