Jun 27, 2008

Tonight was hot but good music trumps hot and muggy



I saved up for this evenings festivities for three months..and since I haven't missed Smoking Joe Bonamassa's visits to Bako evah...I wasn't going to let being broke change that. I just couldn't buy the usual rock memorabilia..you know..t-shirt or baseball cap ( I have all his albums)..ah well..such is life.

I had an excellent seat, smack dab in the middle of the 12th row! He did two encores bless his heart and he did not disappoint.

Now of course, my back is killing me..bench seats aren't the best for three blown discs, but I would of gone regardless of the pain, believe me when I say that.

He took me away from all my problems for two hours. He took me away from politics too. He had me tapping my foot, clapping and hollering like a kid again. He made me smile, sing and feel good for two whole hours..

Thank you Joe..your a gem my man, and your good for whatever ails a soul too ;)

The video is Joe doing Burning Hell..appropriate since the temp at the start of the concert was a triple digit 100 even, with humidity off the friggin charts. With all the fires burning in NorCal..our air is poison right now too for an asthmatic like moi...but NOTHING was going to stop me from my appointed rounds tonight. NOTHING I tell ya!

I love this man's music..and I hope all six of my dear, sweet, wonderful readers enjoy him as well.

ps..I have no idea why Blogger adds that friggin picture at the bottom of the video.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.