Jun 19, 2008

Why Tony Schwartz was important to the visual medium..

As I noted this week, Tony Schwartz passed on. His passing didn't mean much to anyone, except those that remember his most famous political ad-Lyndon Johnson's "Daisy" ad. The ad can be viewed either on this site or the link above. Wiki has a bit of info on it here as well. I remember the ad..yes, I am old enough to remember it, but I was quite young ;). I don't recall however if I saw it as a commercial or down the road as a discussion topic. Anyway you slice it..it was a powerful ad.

The following video is a homage to Mr. Schwartz and how he changed the political landscape. It even references Hillary's "3 AM" commercial and how it takes it's cue's from Mr. Schwartz.

What I find interesting about the Daisy ad is that its subtle yet powerful, the viewer isn't even sure until the end what is being pitched. It changed political ads forever..and..some might say..for the worse. The following video is short so please watch it if you can. I am a huge fan of the visual medium and it's power to affect humans so much more than the written word. Its ironic to me that someone who created ads for the Democrats was such a force in politics..we usually blame the Republicans for negative ads..

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.