Sep 29, 2008

Bailout bill fails...was it political?

I bet most of the no votes at least from the Rethug side were political. Chuck Todd ran down the list of the no votes today and finds most of them in highly contested races.

Frankly, I don't care why anyone voted no, I am just glad it didn't pass. A pox on Wall Street. And its great that Weathervane McCain stuck his foot in his mouth...up to his knee evidently when he said he had brokered a deal and would be supporting the bill..

lol... love the irony. Love it! From the NYT:
The vote against the measure was 228 to 205, with 133 Republicans joining 95 Democrats in opposition. The bill was backed by 140 Democrats and 65 Republicans.
Looking for a list of who voted how...will post it when I get it. The Dow plunged 700 points as soon as the vote was announced..oh fucking well.

Update: I am pretty sure this is the bill. The vote tally is the same as the bailout bill. You can drill down from that page to find out who voted and how...only one guy didn't vote..a Rethug..

Party Yes No Not Voting
Dem 140 95 0
Repub 65 133 1
Total 205 228 1

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.