Mar 14, 2009

Why me lord?


It's just a saying, but I do wonder why it is that I am blessed with all the strays in my neighborhood...

Yesterday morning when it was still dark and cold, Casper decided he wanted to go outside. Casper is an 'indoor only' feline. He isn't the brightest bulb in the house, so we really don't trust him to be running around outside.

He managed to stage an escape yesterday morning, so there I was running around the outside of the house chasing him down in my sleepwear, screaming his name like a banshee with a can of catfood in one hand to lure the little fucker.

It wasn't pretty folks...lemme tell ya.

The regular outside cats were watching the show with mild amusement on their faces. Suddenly I saw something move on the seat of the four-wheeler which caught my eye as I rounded the right corner of the front yard...

It was a tiny little orange and white kitten. He was dirty and very disheveled.

I made a mental note to come back to that spot after I caught the escapee.

I finally cornered Casper in the other side yard and like a goalie in hockey, didn't let him get by me. I tossed his long haired worthless little ass into the house and grabbed my can of catfood.

When I approached the little guy, he dived under the motor home. The outside cats were all still there, watching the drama unfold. Of course they were probably silently laughing at me as I was still in sleeping attire and the sun was now coming up so the neighbors would be able to see my dumb ass as well.

I got down on my hands and knees and called the little kitten..he didn't budge. Then I put some catfood down on the ground....he came flying out from under the motor home.

He was starving and suddenly didn't give a shit about the crazy women making weird noises and dressed really, really badly.

So I grabbed him and whisked him into the house before he knew what hit him.

He was so dirty, his white fur was grey and black, his little paws were black with dirt half way up his legs. His fur was all matted down.

But damn he was hungry. He ate almost a whole can of catfood in the kitchen with the house cats sitting in a circle around him as he ate and growled simultaneously.

I am his new best friend...he doesn't leave my side and he wants to be held all the time...just like a baby.

More later...and some pictures too. ;)

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.