Apr 12, 2009

"A good walk spoiled.."


That is how a very smart man referred to the game of golf. Today's final round of the Master's was full of excitement and ch-ch-ch-changes all day. It went into overtime..extra innings..really a sudden death playoff. Fucking awesome it was. A gent from South America won, Angel Cabrera.

I realize that golf is primarily an elitist sport. I still enjoy watching a good match. And Augusta is one of the most beautiful courses in the world. It's not cheap to keep those courses looking spectacular and specially groomed. The hubby and I watched together, so it was good quality time.

Today is also Easter Sunday around the world. We heathens, here at Dustyville, celebrated by eating a big calorie-laden meal of baked ham, candied yams, garlic mashed potatoes, hawaiian sweet rolls and brussel spouts. I cooked my ass off, then laid down and recovered from standing all that time in the kitchen by becoming one with my pipe and playing with the cats that laid down around me, but I digress...

We refer to my candied yams as "Yam Soup". They never come out the same way twice and 9 times out of 10 the little yammie's are swimming in the sickeningly sweet mixture.

But soupy mess goes great over the ham..so no one complains. My son loves my yams. Too bad he won't be getting them this year, living in OK and all. :(

Today, they had the consistency of..well..snot. But a tastier dish of candied yams, you have never eaten m'dear reader...trust me on this. The sugar high lasts for friggin hours too! No..I won't give out the recipe here...who the hell wants to make yam soup when they are trying to make candied yams?

I didn't say anything aloud about their consistency..that would be bad form wouldn't it? I bet the Ball n' Chain™ thought it too, how could he not?

Clyde the cat gave me a bath this afternoon. I hate those rough tongues, but Clyde really is a sweet little man and he doesn't bathe just any one or any cat ya know.

Padres won again..so I still get to ride the Ball n' Chain™ about my team being better than his team.

The First Family got their puppy today. That's about as close as I got to politics, over at Fran's blog.

Time for more baseball..yay! ;)

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.