Jul 30, 2009

My short but sweet summer vacation


There are a bunch of lousy photos I took, I only brought one lens and it was the wrong one, here, on my Flickr page. Nothing good but I do love OB (Ocean Beach, CA) and specifically Newport Ave in OB. I also included a photo of my former boss Yuri, she owns the Sushi shop I worked at for years.

I also took some shots of the west coast's oldest working wooden roller coaster, the Giant Dipper in Mission Beach. I love that roller coaster and miss being able to ride it..the three blown discs prevent me from enjoying it now..damn it.

Lots of good bars in OB and I have spent many a night in all of them. ;) But, not this trip..the sista doesn't cotton to OB..bitch is a yuppie ya know.

The first bar of note is Pacific Shores..aka Pac Shores. Home to old folks during the day..young hipsters at night.

Next is The Sunshine Company, which has a huge palm growing through the middle of the second bar..its fucking huge!!!!

oh, and whilst in Sandy Eggo, I cut off all my long curly locks..I now look like Nurse Jackie, if you are familiar with that show on Showtime. ;) It's too fucking hot to wear my hair 24/7 in a ponytail for six straight months..I seem to be going bald at the temple's with the weight of all that long hair..that is now just a memory.

Hey..it grows back..right?

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.