Nov 7, 2009

Watching history on Cspan:‘‘Affordable Health Care for America Act’’


I have had the telly tuned into the House since 5am this morning. I was anxious for the debate to begin.

Well, it finally has. It's incredible to watch the fuckwits with the (R) after their name, talk shit about HR 3962(pdf). The outright lies they have the audacity to recite. The bullshit they toss out as if it is the truth and nothing but the truth. I took the time to sift through the 1900+ pages of it. How many of the R's actually did that I wonder..

Watching my own representative Kevin McCarthy (R) was an exercise in futility and frustration for me. The "S" word, oh lawd..the "S" word used again and again and again. The dreaded single payer health care, said like it's a dirty word, a horrible illness in and of itself.

But then, I also got to watch my favorite, Henry Waxman. He was eloquent, he was spot-fucking-on. He laid out what the bill will fix, what it will do away with. Facts, just the facts..no fearmongering like the (R)'s.

Does this bill make me happy? Fuck no..far from it. I am a supporter of single-payer. But it's a start in the right direction, and it will curb the carpetbaggers at the insurance corporations who have been fucking us for decades. 

There will be four hours of debate..tune in and watch a little history folks. Read the bill for yourself..or at least tab through it. Watch the debate online at Cspan.org.

Because it's taken almost 100 years to get this close to change. It's worth your time.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.