Jun 27, 2010

The Strat Pack: 50 years of the Fender Stratocaster

Non political post people....it IS Sunday ya know. ;)

I have always loved the Fender Stratocaster. So many fantastic musicians of my era (the 70;s-80s) played it. When my son said he wanted to learn how to play electric guitar..I ran out and bought the kid a Strat...went in hock up to my brown eyes...

Then there was the cost of lessons...not cheap. The kid evidently did not like lessons or practice time at home..he just wanted a very-fucking-expensive air guitar I guess.

I was crushed and sold that hot pink strat after six months of fighting w/the sub-teenage pain in my ass...but I digress..

Palladia had the three hour documentary on today, sadly I missed the first 45 minutes of it. But I can tell you that it is well worth seeing, if you are a music nut like moi. You can buy the dvd on Amazon, buy.com and other places. I couldn't find another rebroadcast of it in the search function for Directv. There are wonderful artists that play their best music live like:

David Gilmour, Joe Walsh, Paul Rodger, Gary Moore, Phil Manzanera and a host of talented folks...one person is glaringly missing:

EC...Eric Clapton. But it's still worth viewing/listening to.  I swear to Buddha. ;)

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.