Sep 19, 2010

Obama said what??? You are kidding right?

Thanks to my blogging bud rj, I perused Greenwald's friday piece over at Salon.

I really didn't want to mess up my quiet, calm, sunday morning...but hell...here goes.

Friday, our President attended a $30 grand per plate dinner. Bet ya five bucks that I probably wouldn't of known a soul there if I had the 30 g's to pony up. But that isn't the point of my post...the following quote from his speechifying is what boosted my blood pressure:
Democrats, just congenitally, tend to get -- to see the glass as half empty. (Laughter.) If we get an historic health care bill passed -- oh, well, the public option wasn't there.  If you get the financial reform bill passed -- then, well, I don't know about this particular derivatives rule, I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with that. And gosh, we haven't yet brought about world peace and -- (laughter.) I thought that was going to happen quicker. (Laughter.) You know who you are. (Laughter.) We have had the most productive, progressive legislative session in at least a generation.
First, to say the Healthcare Reform Bill was historic is true...most of it was written by the healthcare industry and to assuage those fucking Rethugs that didn't vote for it anyway you dipshit. Most of the 'good things' in the bill don't begin to happen for another four years or so, therefore my 30 year old son, who has never had health insurance as an adult, still can not get any you fucking asshole. And....23 million people will still not have healthcare insurance. Finally, Big Pharma will still get rich off this fucking bill. I could continue, but why bother? Most of you know where the potholes in this horseshit 'reform bill' are.

Second...the Financial Reform Bill. Give me an effin break...there was so little financial reform it's pathetic. You threw a few bones to the masses when you created a few 'rules of the road' for credit card companies and that wonderful department that Elizabeth Warren won't be in charge of... but your friends on Wall Street still, for the most part...get a free-fucking-pass to make millions and millions whilst fucking us all, and with very little, if any, regulations.

Finally, the crack about 'the most productive, progressive legislative session in at least a generation'... Who the hell are you shitting there big guy? It sure as fuck isn't me. You and your stoolie's in Congress got very little done..unless you count the public whining and bitching you guys did about the Rethugs aka the Party of No, while totally ignoring, publically, the assholes known as Blue Dogs that populate the House and Senate. You look more and more like Bush43 every-fucking-day...whether it's your lie about the Iraq war ending, your lie about transparency in the federal government, your lie about closing Gitmo, giving civil rights to the LGBT community or my personal favorite... still spying on American's without a friggin warrant...none of those things you did are progressive values you sumbitch. None, zero, sip, nada.  We kinda fall 180 degrees the other way you fucknut.

Once again, You sir, are so full of shit your eyes are brown. Glad those rich folks enjoyed your visit...enjoy it whilst you can dude because way too many of us progressives are tired as hell of your fuckery, and I for one will probably be voting once again for my cat, good ole Scooter Lee, for President in 2012.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.