Aug 16, 2009

Ah yes, 40 years ago..


I was only 16, but I heard about this wonderful outdoor concert in NY state. Of course I couldn't go, my parents said I was nuts to even think of going as Northern Cali was a long-fucking-way away from NY state. I eagerly anticipated news from the gathering. Half a million hippies in one place?

Fucking awesome! Oh, to have been there.

The movie is on my telly now, as VH1 is showing it various times this weekend. Such good music, such memories it brings back. I loved that time in my life. Growing, exploring, becoming active in what was going on in my and our world. Realizing that power to the people could actually happen if we spoke as one voice. Speaking truth to power was exhilarating.

When the movie was released, I saw it too many times to count. I loved every minute of it.

The truth about Woodstock was, unless you stayed stoned for the entire event, it was wet, cramped, cold, muddy and you were constantly looking for food. Three people died and two were born that weekend on Max's farm.

But let me just glamorized it one more time in my mind.

So let me get my hippie speedball on, and watch the movie whilst traveling down memory lane. You all have a grand Sunday. ;)

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.