Jan 13, 2006

Tell me that Jackass didn't really say that..

It has been a long day. I worked my tired ol ass off. Not that I do that every day, but hell I have been sick with a nasty cold that..well, lets move on..

Then, I read about the Shrub's visit to Na'lins today. I read the article twice. I figured there was a slim chance the meds I was taking affected my eyesight.

Nope...he said it. ALL of it. He couldnt even visit the stricken areas of the city of New Orleans. He kept his worthless behind in one of the LEAST affected areas, the Garden District, which is an upscale part of town I might add...but I digress.

He said and I quote from a NY Times article: "for folks around the country who are looking for a great place to have a convention, or a great place to visit, I'd suggest coming here to the great New Orleans."

Correct me IF I AM WRONG BUT..isn't the Superdome still a fucking shithole of a mess that won't be fixed till GOD knows when?

I also saw this quote in the article from the Shrub: "a heck of a place to bring your family" and that it had "some of the greatest food in the world and some wonderful fun."

Yes...most certainly bring the kids. Jesus Christ in a thong..wtf is that man thinking? Bring the kids to see what? Desolate neighborhoods that no one can live in yet, unless its in a trailer next door to what used to be a house? Its hard to tell if its a house actually..its usually just a pile of rubble, waiting for someone to come along w/a bulldozer and carry it all off. And yes, the restaurants are trying to reopen..if THEY CAN FIND WORKERS. Which last I heard they are begging nationwide and promising a salary PLUS room and board just to be waiters or waitresses. The streets of the tourist district are still FAR from "vacationer" ready ya nimrod.

His limo drove past some of the devasted neighborhoods..quickly I might add. Wonder where he was in such a fucking hurry to get to...oh yeah..Palm Beach..for a "closed-door $4 million fund-raiser for the Republican National Committee and Republican candidates at the home of Dwight Schar, a homebuilder and a co-owner of the Washington Redskins."

I only touched on a few lowspots of the Shrubs visit. If you really want to get your blood boiling, you gotta read the whole article..which you can find here.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.