Dec 26, 2006

Katrina fraud and corruption: $2 Billion and counting...

This quote from a Forbes article this morning says it all for me:

“Based on their track record, it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw another billion more in waste,” said Clark Kent Ervin, the Homeland Security Department’s inspector general from 2003-2004. “I don’t think sufficient progress has been made.”

So, the Katrina corruption could actually rival that of the Iraq reconstruction fraud and corruption..friggin great, more waste of tax dollars.

In reports set to be released in January, auditors examined over $12 Billion in contracts. One of the charges that will be leveled are political favoritism via No-Bid contracts. Under pressure last year, Federal Emergency Management Agency director David Paulison pledged to rebid many of the agreements, only to backtrack months later and reopen only a portion.

Here is another quote from Ervin: "It's a combination of laziness, ineptitude and it may well be nefarious,". Ain't that some shit my dear reader.

I get to use my favorite tag today:

Other tags:
, ,

Cross-posted at Bring it On!

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.