This weekend bloggers are conducting a Blogswarm that seems to be about keeping Theocracy out of our laws and government. This website entitled "First Freedom First" has basic tenants regarding how many God and Jesus-loving people believe, regarding theocracy in our government.
FFF is not the site that sponsored this blogswarm. But her views are ones that I hold dear and feel can explain why I chose to participate in this event:
- Every American should have the right to make personal decisions -- about family life, reproductive health, end of life care and other matters of personal conscience.
- American tax dollars should not go to charities that discriminate in hiring based on religious belief or that promote a particular religious faith as a requirement for receiving services.
- Political candidates should not be endorsed or opposed by houses of worship.
- Public schools should teach with academic integrity and without the promotion of religious preference or belief.
- Decisions about scientific and health policies should be based on the best available scientific data, not on religious doctrine.
I will post something SUNDAY that addresses the Theocratic bs that pervades our government.
Tags: Blog Against Theocracy