Jul 11, 2007

Nothing more uplifting than an Angry Black Bitch

I get FireDogLake's email of their daily roundup of posts each night. Its a group blog and they post plenty. This one post caught my attention so much..I had to post about their post. Let me start off by saying this issue no longer affects me. But I availed myself of the right to have such a medical procedure once in my life and I thank GOD I was able to get it.

Angry Black Bitch is a wonder to behold. She has reclaimed the word "bitch" for starters...I have done that as well, its a badge of honor for moi, but I digress, this is about Her. Her post is about the governor of her state, Missouri. Its about the bill he signed IN A CHURCH. Seems he was trying to kiss some extremist ass, doing a mea culpa of sorts. He laid out a set of "new rules" for clinics that provide abortions. To put it bluntly my dear reader...

It's turning into a police state in Missouri. That ain't right. That people would support this bill is some scary shit indeed. Its about control over what clinics can do and how they do it. The new bill will cost clinics millions to remodel and hire staff to meet the criteria.

It will also cause some clinics to quit offering a perfectly legal medical procedure..an abortion.

I just hope to hell that there is a decent judge on the bench in Missouri to hear this case. It has to be taken into a court of law because evidently the state of Missouri is being run by Theocratic, bigoted, narrow-minded, assholes who think it's their right to be up in everyone's business when it comes to receiving what is STILL a legal medical procedure. From a Kansas City writeup on the new law; The new law, which will take effect Aug. 28, also bars people affiliated with abortion providers from teaching or supplying materials for sex education courses in public schools, and it allows schools to offer abstinence-only programs. It cements into state statute an existing grant program for centers that encourage women to deliver babies instead of having abortions.--WTF?? It will pay clinics a bonus to talk women out of a legal medical procedure??? I hope Planned Parenthood has the ACLU on speed dial my dear reader..because old Mitch actually brags about screwing with a womans right to Reproductive choice. Look Mitch, you friggin blowhard ass-kissing sumbitch, Roe v Wade doesn't say EVERYONE has to get an abortion...it says women have the right to have one if circumstances in their lives dictate such a procedure.

Stop by ABB's blog and show her some support. Not that she needs it, she is a one woman wrecking crew..and I heart her for that. Do it because she deserves to hear voices of support, not the trolling fuckwits that have been hanging around with nothing better to do that call her out for speaking her well-educated mind and showing the world what a bunch of assholes can do when they get the power to control our lives.

Tags: , , , ,

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.