Feb 3, 2008

A journalist after my own heart.


As my last few posts have told you..I am quite undecided about who to vote for..Obama, Clinton or one of my felines here at home..

Evidently I have lots of company, at least according to this recent Salon.com writeup. Consider this paragraph from the article:

Much to my consternation, it's almost Super Tuesday, and I am an undecided voter. I am a political junkie, a Democrat; I read the papers. But for the first time in my life, barring some truly dramatic last-minute development, I am going to walk into a voting booth on Tuesday, pull a curtain closed, and see how the spirit moves me.

And that folks..is moi in a nutshell(except for the Democratic part..I am a Decline to State). I take my vote very seriously..always have. It's the romantic in me that says my vote counts damn it..and I want to make the right decision. Consider her pov about sHillary:

There is shame in voting for Hillary Clinton, make no mistake -- pulling a lever for someone who voted for Iraq and proposed anti-flag-burning legislation provokes its own brand of self-loathing. When I think about doing the deed, I consider the fact that she's brilliant, that she's competent, that she knows her shit inside and out, that she's battle-tested, tough as nails, and that she wipes the floor with Obama in the debates. She provides a steel-solid track record, he a nimbus of vague hope.

Its a good piece by Rebecca Traister who was also behind Kucinich, then Edwards..and now..no one. Check it out if you feel so inclined.Sadly, it doesn't help me out of my quandary.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.