Oct 20, 2008

Hello there..


How ya doing? Let me tell you about my weekend....

My son came over Sunday morning as is his usual and we were visiting in my bedroom, shooting the shit when he started loving on Clyde. Suddenly he screamed out..WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS ASS????

Clyde, the Siamese and ONLY non-feral cat and I spent untold hours in the animal ER Sunday. One of his anal glands ruptured.

This is not a pretty site, it horrified me. I raced him to the only animal ER in town and dropped two hundred bucks (cash or debit card only) on my little first born man cat. We went home with lots of things to do, such as:

Hold a warm compress to his butt for five minutes three times a day
Give him liquid antibiotics twice a day...thank god and greyhound I am quite adept at dosing a cat..years of experience thank you very much.
Keep the ugly lampshade on his noggin and only take it off so he can eat or drink water...then immediately put it back on so he doesn't lick his butt.

The compress thing is a pain in the lol..ass but the worst part is the Elizabethan collar...aka the lampshade. I figured out quickly that it was far easier to develop a way for him to eat and drink out of certain bowls than take off and put back on that fucking thing whenever he seemed to want to eat or drink.

The other nightmare is that Clyde is not happy with the lampshade on. He does nothing but pace and cry. In fact, he cried so much he became hoarse after just a few hours. We kept him in my bedroom/office and all the other felines were locked out because frankly, they were laughing their fool heads off at him and thats not nice at all. Plus they wanted to slap at the lampshade and watch Clyde go batshit crazy.

So Clyde would eventually cry himself to sleep and I could lay down and sleep too...for a whole hour at a time.

Needless to say I am quite cranky this morning and awaiting my vet's office opening so I can call in for some sedatives and pain meds...for Clyde.

Somehow I think my doc wouldn't write out a prescription for sedatives for me based on Clyde's wound...what do you think?

Photo is an old one of Clyde in happier times..I didn't have the heart to take one of his current state.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.