Jun 26, 2009

Walter Cronkite's health declining rapidly


From the NYT via The Daily Beast:
The New York Times reported today that Walter Cronkite is gravely ill with cerebrovasuclar disease and, according to his family members, "not expected to recuperate." "He is resting at home surrounded by family, friends and a wonderful medical team," his three children said. Cronkite's family told TVNewser, a blog, that he had been suffering from his disease for several years. The CBS News anchor was oftentimes described as "the most trusted man in America" during his work on CBS Evening News from 1960-81.
Cronkite was always on our tv every evening when I was a child. It was Cronkite that announced the news of JKF's death for me and so many other important news stories. When I got older and moved out..he was on my tv every evening as well. I hope he is comfortable, pain-free and surrounded by those he loves and who love him.

From Wiki:
During the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Cronkite was anchoring the CBS network coverage as violence and protests occurred outside the convention, as well as scuffles inside the convention hall. When Dan Rather was punched to the floor (on camera) by security personnel, Cronkite commented, "I think we've got a bunch of thugs here, Dan."
He is 92 years old and I can still hear his voice which was soothing and paternal for me.

And that's the way it is....

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.