Dec 4, 2009

Dance with the one that brought you.


The Ball n' Chain™ is a type 2 diabetic. He is also a diabetic that doesn't pay attention to his disease. A couple of weeks ago, I got to sit in on one of his doctor appointments. He never lets me go, and I stopped asking a long time ago.

I was there because I was going to get my flu shots, but they were out of them. When they called the BnC's name I just followed him into the examination room. His doctor is my doctor but Dr. Miller will not discuss the BnC's health with me due to one of those laws that protects patient confidentiality. I can tell him things about the BnC but he can't tell me.

Anywho..the Doc took the opportunity to drop the bomb that the BnC needed to go on insulin injections. The BnC became agitated and said no way no how, he has a phobia of needles. I then took the opportunity to tell him, quite loudly and in front of the Doc, that if he didn't do what he had to, to say alive and somewhat healthy, I would be permanently relocating my ass somewhere else in the world besides Bakersfrigginfield. 

I was not going to watch him slowly die. Nope, I wouldn't. He already is fighting glaucoma because he doesn't take care of himself and his disease.

This made the Doc and the BnC sit up and take notice. The Doc said we could give it the old college try, meaning a strict diet and...cough..exercise for three months and see if that made a difference in his blood sugar levels.

So, we enrolled in some expensive classes that our insurance actually pays for..Wellness classes for diabetics.

We have attended two, two hour, classes this week. I have learned so much about his disease and sadly..so has he. Sad because he should of known some of those things, but like I said in the beginning..he never gave a shit because he thinks if you take a pill or two..or ten, then you can do whatever you want and the med's take care of what ails ya.

He really jumped into the program with both feet. I am so proud of him..the old bastard actually walked for 15 minutes..uphill!

Baby steps..it's all about baby steps.

Because I love that fat old bastard like you wouldn't believe, and he worships my leftwing ass. These changes will affect my life too, but it's worth it. It will actually be good for me to eat better and all the things that go along with taking better care of one's self.We actually have a good reason to spend quality time together, discussing his meter readings and how to attack this disease that can slowly take his life.

I know..it's not a political post..but fuck it. I wanted to praise the BnC so that everyone that reads this tripe knows he is making the effort after years, hell 15 years of neglecting his disease. And we will succeed. Because I hate to lose. And I refuse to lose this grand old fucker who actually is a good human being, former republican and a lazy, stubborn Okie.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.