Jul 14, 2006

Blogging from DemocracyFest..VRA renewed at House level..can i get an amen!

The Voting Rights Act was finally renewed today by a vote of 390-33. The racist sumbitches from the south DID NOT get their modifications since the Repubes in power voted alongside the Democrats..good lord..did I read that right?

Yep, the House leadership for the Repubes sided with vitually all the Dem's in voting to renew the VRA intact..none of the changes sought were implemented. This, sportsfans..is a victorius moment for minorities...although I would bet my ass that the Repubes only followed Georgies wishes so he could crow at the NAACP meeting at which he will speak this weekend.

The battle was won, but not the war, my dear reader. The Senate promises to be a harder sell perhaps with some of the southern gentleman(Ihere use that term loosely) still vowing to remove the provisions for oversight on the historically racist and segrationist parts of the South.

Read all about it here, the LA Times has a decent writeup. I am on a break after sitting in on panel discussions today about grassroots organizing. Tonight we will watch the Tom DeLay movie "The Big Buy" and hear from its creator Robert Greenwald. I am tired, its friggin hot and I will try to blog later after the movie.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.