Dec 11, 2006

Human Rights Day in Santa Barbara Sunday Dec 10th

Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday at the Human Rights Day rally. Sumo and I went down together to Santa Barbara to attend the event. The speakers were great, over two hours of people talking about the madness that is our Current Administration. People like:

-Colonel Ann Wright, one of three U.S. State Department officials to publicly resign in direct protest of the invasion of Iraq in Mar. 2003.(picture in montage)
-David Swanson, co-founder of AfterDowningStreet.org
-Rae Abileah, Code Pink(picture in montage)
-Elizabeth De la Vega, author of U.S. v. Bush,(picture in montage)
-Dr. Dennis Loo, co-author of Impeach the President: The Case Against Bush and Cheney(picture in montage)
-Geoffrey Millard, National Guardsman and member of Iraq Veterans Against the War(picture in montage)

I have included pictures of Col. Wright and Dennis Loo. The sponsor of the event, Dinah Mason can be seen in the bottom right corner of Dennis Loo's picture. The weather was cold and blustery, which turned into rain towards the end of the speakers. With my trashed back, I did not feel up to the march, so sadly, Sumo and I had to leave.



There is also a brief video on a local Santa Barbara TV station website which you can watch here. I am in the beginning of the video in my nifty black T-shirt which says: "He's not my President-United for Peace and Justice". Why do they always seem to find me for these shots? Gawd help me. I do so LOVE the elderly couple and their home-made sign, don't you?
This video below is my first shot at making a video..bear with me folks..the female speaker is Col. Ann Wright.. and she got very emotional..as I did through most of the speakers. I would like to thank Ed Hat over at his blog for the additional pictures I have included.


Tags: , ,

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.