Feb 13, 2008

Spielberg bitchslaps China publicly over Darfur

It really isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but for Steven Spielberg to publicly withdraw from his participation in the Beijing Olympics, and to cite his reason as the ongoing violence in Darfur and China's role..well, its noble.

The Chinese leaders are mulling over their response. Surely this is embarrassing for them..at least I hope it is.

Two-thirds of the oil sold in Sudan is sold to China. In spite of their insistence that they have no power over the thugs that run Sudan, China is part of the problem..a huge part of it. They lobby for the thugs in UN meetings and resolutions, just as an example. Part of Mr. Spielberg's statement:

"I find that my conscience will not allow me to continue business as usual," he said in a statement. At this point, my time and energy must be spent not on Olympic ceremonies, but on doing all I can to help bring an end to the unspeakable crimes against humanity that continue to be committed in Darfur. Sudan's government bears the bulk of the responsibility for these on-going crimes, but the international community, and particularly China, should be doing more."

Amen to that Mr. Spielberg.

Today's Photo..er..Graphic..ok, Picture.

It's moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased a domain name. I have been meticulously working on a new site,Leftwing Nutjob. Please change your bookmarks people..this puppy will no longer be updated as of July 1st 2011.